Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Two Little Words

Yesterday was a stellar day in so many ways Lord, because of you. All good things come from you...but I'm always astounded afresh at what you can do. I took a test yesterday that will determine some things about the outcome of my future, and I was so jacked up about it, that I was sick. And yet, just prior to the test I connected with some of your own who prayed with me that I would do well and I did! All the time these days I see you answering little and big requests in ways that I could've anticipated--because I know how you are...but the creativity with which you accomplish your purposes--isn't something one can foresee. "Your ways are not our ways"--"who can know them?" I think a big reason I am able to recognize your hand at this time in my life, is because my sense of you isn't so dulled by food anymore. It's not that you weren't doing wonders all around me before--it's that I can actually see them because I'm not so distracted by "food worship" and the sedation of overindulging, and also because I'm risking new things that demand a deeper dependency on you, out of survival! While I am stressed because I walk in new challenges, it is sweet to see and experience your hand in all that goes on. I also had confirmation yesterday that you have in fact, created another seriously blessed friendship for me. I've posted here before about how valuable friends are in the scheme of life, and you have deposited another treasure into my stable of near and dear relationships. My suspicions about this person have been confirmed, in that they are, and want to be, all that I'd hoped they'd be in you, and I am very delighted to have had that revealed to me yesterday. I sit back and look upon the work you've done in that relationship over the past few months and say, "It is good." The quickness with which you developed this "safe place" to turn, is a testiment to the maturity in you this person possesses, and also, the rapid changes you're doing in me as a result of all that has happened this past 6 months. 6 months. Has it really only been that long since the radical, long overdue transformation of my life began? Since I jumped onto the accelerated expressway of change?

Lord, I thank you so much, so often. Do you ever tire of those words, "thank you?" Those two little words seem so trite and inadequate to express what you deserve to hear--because you are so big and complicated, God. You delight in giving good gifts and orchestrating the outcomes of the many different facets of our existence. The fact that you are determined and actually able to get all the glory for everything about us...that alone is a task that is too intricate for me to get my mind around--and yet my mind is more and more aware just how neatly I sit tucked right into the palm of your capable hand. So I thank you once again Lord, that despite the fact that I often stumble and fumble my way around...that I get overwhelmed and undone at times...you continue to steer things to your end, and your plans and purposes are fulfilling to my soul. The word says, that your joy is my strength. The delight you take in orchestrating my life, gives me the ability to trust you more and more, and this creates strength of spirit in me. You find such joy in proving yourself. To you be the glory, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home