Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Fluffer

That's me. The Fluffer. One of the gifts God has given me is to be an encouraging affirmation to folks. A prophetic insight into their potential and gifts. A supernatural deposit that enables me to look past the surface and see their attributes, and also a wisdom to see the obstacles that keep those attributes from coming forth. An ability to see who they really are, and believe in the truest version of themselves--the person they were created to be. To cut through the surface and go directly to the heart. One of the internal motivations that cultivates this gift in a person, is the desire to be seen and known in the same deliberate way. To be truly known. A running theme from the very beginning of this whole blog has been my own yearning to be intimately known and loved for who I am. Today I have been grieving (yet again for goodness sake, I'm getting on my nerves), that I have such a deep (seemingly bottomless) need for this kind of connection for myself, and it seems God that you are largely blocking me in that area. I mean, you've been generous to let me have some satisfaction--but only in the safest of arenas--which is very kind of you. But this whole situation is uncovering for me that I am blocked in my ability to receive from you. Fear. The great relationship killer. I don't know if it's that I'm afraid you will withhold from me, or that I am afraid that what you have to offer is not going to be good enough. I'm not sure. Maybe it's both, or another can of worms altogether. BUT, the fact still remains that in being married to you Lord, I am reserved for you alone, and you have been making that abundantly clear. So, BRING it. Captivate me in the dance. Show me what you've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home